Thursday, June 10, 2010
"Silent Spring" by Rachel Carson (AE 366)
This article is much better for me than John's papers, since it is kind of easier to get the idea. One more thing is this article has fewer emotional factors in it. When I read it, all the data, facts and researches persuade me that the DDT has large negative effect on the food chain. Rachel used this Logo method to let readers get her idea instead of pathos. On the other hand, when I think about ethos, I didn't find too much. Maybe Rachel has already been a famous writer so she doesn't need to prove herself professional or credible. However, she used some researches from other professor or doctors. This can be ethos since readers can get the message that she did get materials from others' researches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment