-Read "Manifesto" (AE 505) and "The Making of a Marginal Farm" (AE 507) by Wendell Berry. Blog a personal response and an answer to the following question: What is his intent with each piece?
For the Poem Manifesto, I didn't fee much connection between me and the article. However, it did help me recall a movie named food industry which carries similar meaning that the current farmers are not doing things they are willing to do. Just like Wedell said:"When they want you to buy something they will call you. When they want you to die for profit they will let you know." Here, the writer use they to refer those companies who are controlling farmers.
On the artical The making of a marginal farm. I have some ideas similar to Wendell. For example, after he had a farm, he started to do things he would like to grow first. However, after times, he found that he should do something good back to the nature.This idea has exsisted in my mind many years before. I wish some day I can have a farm and I can farm very naturally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment