Q: Look at the transitions between paragraphs or between sections. How does he or she make these transitions? What effect do they have on the forward momentum of the piece?
A: The transitions between paragraphs or between sections are used very well by Terry Williams. Usually, Terry started a new paragraph with a transition sentence which could be appropriately related to the former paragraph. For example. On page 740, the 4th paragraph begun with that " The experiment continued: we let the plate and cup of water stand side by side on the window sill." Similar methods of starting a new paragraphs could be found throughout the entire essay. It is often to see Terry starts a new topic or paragraph with a great starting sentence.
At the same time, we can also see Terry was keeping on using others' voices in the essay to continue the stories. It is a great way to keep readers focusing on the essay without feeling bored. If an author continued saying I I and I, readers will be driven crazy. And those voices from others can perfectly help Terry's essay go on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment